Saturday, February 9, 2013

PLCs in Practice

Last week, I had the opportunity to participate in a Data PLC at my internship. Being an active participant in this PLC brought what I have learned in RED 4519 and 4942 to life. In this particular PLC, the first grade team was analyzing FAIR data with the reading specialist,  Mrs. Denopoulous and the school principal, Dr. Paradise. First, we analyzed the average gain each teacher was able to make with their class. Next, we broke the data down and analyzed the lowest scores in each class. With the help of Mrs. Denopoulous, the team came up with solutions to help raise these low scores. The teachers decided to share their students during RTI time in order to create closer skill groups. Witnessing this PLC process helped me understand how teams of teachers work together to make sure every student in every class is successful. I now feel much better prepared to participate in a team.


RECs: 5.3, 5.12, 6.1, 6.6, 6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment