During my full week of internship, I had the opportunity to attend a professional development conference entitled "Writing Appropriate Learning Goals". This conference was hosted by an experienced educator who had previously attended several workshops on writing goals and creating scales. As a group, we were asked to choose a Common Core reading benchmark and write an appropriate learning goal for our students. After choosing a goal, we presented to the entire staff and had our goal assessed. Finally, we learned about the four-finger learning scale and worked together to create a scale that broke our learning goal into leveled expectations.
I found this conference very helpful. I was able to work with my professional peers and was able to learn from their experience in the field. It was amazing to see professionals work together to accomplish a common goal. Attending this conference helped me see the importance of what I learn every time I am in my college courses. I was even able to help answer questions about Common Core that my peers were unsure about.
RECs: 6.1, 6.7
No comments:
Post a Comment